The Lebanese salad recipe is an appetizer with an exceptionally delicious taste and it is vegetarian’s meal. The Lebanese salad consists mainly of natural vegetables. It is a healthy refreshing appetizer and it is a subsidy for other types of Lebanese salads that take more time to prepare (The Lebanese salad takes less than 5 minutes to prepare).
Ingredients for the Lebanese Salad:
- ½ Romanian lettuce
- 2-3 medium size tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 1-2 small garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ fresh lemon (juice)
- Dash of salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried mint
- Peel the garlic cloves and add a dash of salt to a plastic bowel.
- Crush the garlic cloves in the bowel using a pestle till all the salt gets absorbed by the garlic.
- Slice the lettuce lengthwise then cut widthwise then add to the bowel.
- Cut the tomatoes into cubes then add to the bowel.
- Cut the cucumbers into four quarters (length wise).
- Taste each cucumber to insure it is doesn’t have a bitterly taste.
- Cut the cucumbers into small size cubes.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice and the dried mint to the bowel.
- Gently toss and mix the ingredient together.
It is highly recommended to serve this dish as an appetizer within 30 minutes after preparation since some vegetables such as tomatoes start to lose their vitamins and nutritives after that time.
- Serves 3-4 people.
- The Lebanese salad need not be restricted to the above vegetables. You may add more veggies as you may desire, but the unique taste is devoted to garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice. Don’t ignore these.
- A similar recipe can be prepared by adding 2 tablespoons of vinegar instead if oil.
Please don't hesitate to ask any question and do let others know what you think about this Lebanese Salad recipe in the comments below.