This quick salad recipe takes less than 10-15 minutes to prepare and is considered a very healthy food especially for those who are on a diet. See below the ingredients for this mixed vegetable salad recipe.
Ingredients for Mixed Vegetable Salad:
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 small cup of boiled corn
- ½ kilogram (1 pound) tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 6 carrots
- 2 red pepper
- 2 large onions
- few olives
- 1 fresh lemon (juice it)
- 2 table spoons of mixed dried spices (mint, parsley, Radish, etc…)
- 3 table spoons of olive oil
- 3 table spoons of vinegar
- ½ cup of yogurt
- few leaves of purslane (Hindbeh/Baqleh)
- 1 boiled egg cut into 4 portions
- dash of salt and black powder pepper
Method for Preparing the Mixed Vegetable Salad:
Chop the cauliflower into small parts and boil it in salty water for about five minutes. Chop the tomatoes into quarters and the cucumbers into rings. Shred the carrots into small portions and set aside then cut the onion and the red pepper into rings.
Mix half the onion rings with the chopped tomatoes and mix the other half of the onion rings with the red pepper rings.
In a separate bowl add olive oil, lemon juice, yogurt, vinegar, salt, black pepper powder, and the chopped leaves then mix together.
Distribute each portion of the vegetable ingredients onto each serving plate and either pour the mixed dressing on top of the vegetable's serving plates or serve it on the side. Decorate each vegetable plate with corn, olives, egg portions and purslane.
- The Mixed Vegetable Salad serves 2-4 people.
Please don't hesitate to ask any question and do let others know what you think about this Mixed Vegetable Salad recipe in the comments below.